Thai Chick'n Burger
Yep, it's winter alright! There's no escaping the cold and sunning yourself on the beaches of Thailand this year but luckily our Thai inspired burger lets you at least imagine you're somewhere warmer.
This mouth watering burger features Robinson's house made Thai Spiced Chick'n Pattie, along with other incredible products available in store and online. Click here to buy what you'll need
What you'll need:
- 2x burger buns
- 2x Robinson's Thai Chicken Patties
- 1 cup Red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Papaya, juliene
- 1/2 cup Carrot, julienne
- 2 tablespoons Island Style 'The Crunch' Peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon Ceres Organic tamari
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Small handful each fresh coriander and mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 4 leaves Baby Cos or crunchy lettuce of choice
- 6 slices Zenzo Cheddar cheese
- Culley's Sriracha Mayo
- More or Less Red Hot Chill & Pepper Sauce OR
- Suree Mango Sweet Chilli Sauce for those who prefer less heat
Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Easy - get the kids to help!
Firstly, heat a pan on medium heat with a little rice bran oil or coconut oil. Add chicken patties and fry on both sides until golden - about 5 minutes each side.
Whilst the patties are cooking, prepare the slaw. Finely slice (julienne) 1 cup red cabbage, 1/2 cup green papaya, 1/2 cup carrot and finely chop a small handful each of fresh mint and coriander. Set aside
Flip patties and layer the cheese on each pattie.
In a separate bowl mix together lime juice, Organic coconut sugar, Ceres Organic Tamari, Island Style 'The Crunch' peanut butter and mix well and toss through the slaw to coat well.
Next cut the buns in half and lightly toast on both sides.
*if you want the cheese melted completely put the pan with patties under the grill for 1 minute - keep watch as they melt fast!
Wash lettuce and break into burger sized pieces
- Smother the bottom bun with sriracha mayo
- Add lettuce, then burger pattie
- Top the pattie with a generous amount of slaw
- Smear top bun in More or Less Red, Hot Chilli & Pepper Sauce or for a milder burger use Suree Mango Sweet Chilli Sauce and put on to finish the burger.
Now dig in and wash this beauty down with a Chia Sister's Sparkling Ginger + Turmeric drink!
You won't feel guilty or regret this burger! It's fresh, full of flavour and not too heavy!